Sunday, September 3, 2017

Flowers in August (12 pics)

It's been too long! I've been mostly ignoring my plants this past month and consequently the blog. But I was still taking photos of the flowers whenever I could catch them. They are a rarity on the windowsill and always deserve attention. Luckily lithops flowers are still fully open when I come home from work (resulting in some dark and eerie photos as usual). And conophytum flowers last for several days making it possible to catch them on weekends. 

Conophytum flowers are a welcome change to the usual white and yellow of the lithops.

Here is some orange I've never seen before. Conophytum x marnierianum (MG1430.35)



Conophytum fulleri was flowering beautifully. 



Conophytum pellucidum v. pellucidum 'pardicolor' ex. de Boer. I've had other C. pellucidum flowering but didn't catch them.



Conophytum bilobum ''deodum'' (MG1419.3)



As for lithops, I've had some flowers on L. bromfieldii lately.

Lithops bromfieldii v. insularis 'Sulphurea' (C362)



Lithops bromfieldii sp.



Lithops gesinae v. annae (C078) was growing 2 buds but aborted them for some reason (a rainy week might have changed its plans).



Two Adromischus marianae v. herrei (green form) had grown impressive inflorescences that are hard to capture on a photo. 



Anacampseros are still flowering from time to time. These An. retusa seedlings, for example, growing more flowers now. Unfortunately they don't seem to want to open them. But they do produce seeds. 



And Crassula ausensis ssp. titanopsis is going crazy. The flowers are normally underappreciated so here are some close-ups :)

4 comments:

  1. I like bromfieldii. Sulphurea is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I am growing some Conos from seed and hope they make it. I've got Jucundum and Minitum. I only recently began my love affair with them. I'm still trying to obtain some plants so I can enjoy them until the seedlings grow enough.

    ReplyDelete