Friday, October 1, 2010

some updates

I'm going to be away for a week. Tomorrow is Step 1 of moving back to my place. The plants will follow in Step 2 a couple of weeks later. It's going to be stressful but I'm looking forward to the new semester at the university. After all the moving around I long for routine in my life, some kind of stability, consistency. Striking roots would be really nice. :)

As for the plants, there are minor news like discovering that some of the young gracili are about to cast their skin. Or that this daikangyoku decided to flower out of it's smaller head a month after the bigger did (I really should take pictures of this). The flower might not open though, because it's gloomy all the time. This also means the pictures I take look just as gloomy. But no-sun worked wonders for all the badly wrinkled plants i.e. "pancakes", even one that I almost gave up on since it didn't show any response to water at all for a month and kept getting more and more wrinkles. Oh, and the misshapen hookeri had it's new leaves break through half way as expected. I think it's for the best.

To end this chaotic post here is the 8-headed otzeniana with a flower bud. See you in a week. :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lithops! this is my favourite species of all. I have a new blog where I update my plants too:

    LithopsARGENTINA

    ReplyDelete