Sunday, September 5, 2010

salicola follows

Yesterday was another sunny day and right in the morning I discovered a new flower coming through. Of course I checked other lithops immediately, but nothing to see.
My square pot order arrived and I moved to the garden to transplant some lithops - it's such a relaxing activity! The sun is shining, birds are tweeting, lithops looking pretty! :)
A couple of hours later I checked on the upcoming flowers to find out that two more salicolas were reacting to the sun. By the end of the day there were 4 flower buds visible, all on salicola 'Daikangyoku' from Yasuhiko Shimada (He writes that 'Daikangyoku' is a nature hybrid from S. Africa).

It's amazing how fast lithops flower buds go from "no sign of them" to "fully visible".

Lithops are little miracles indeed. :)


And now I'll go read the chapter on pollination in S. Hammer's book again.

No comments:

Post a Comment