Sunday, September 23, 2012

Other plants about to bloom

My Lithops are bloom-lazy this year but there's still something going on on the windowsill. 
Crassula rupestris has lots and lots of flower stalks but I think it'll take some time for them all to develop. Can't wait to see it in full bloom. :)


Avonia quinaria ssp. alstonii that already had flowers this year has recently developed a new flower bud. Interestingly it grows right out of the caudex, not out of the tip of a branch. I hope it has enough strength to open the flower.


Oh, and the Green Horn is still trying to bloom. Fingers crossed~

6 comments:

  1. Nice...what program are you using for the picture watermarks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LT :)
      I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for image editing (cut, resize, watermarks etc.). It's an older version but it works great for me.

      Delete
  2. Exciting times! Looking forward to seeing them put on their wonderful display. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting for flowers is always exciting. :)
      I'm going away for a couple of days and will probably miss the greenhorn flower though :/

      Delete