Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'll be home in 5 weeks!


Word from home is that my plants sadly aren't getting enough light this summer and some are growing misshapen. I won't be able to do anything about it until they're in my own place again (where there's lots and lots of light throughout the whole year!). Also it means there's some fixing to do before the next growing season. Still, from what I hear, this year wasn't as bad as I expected: there were very few losses. To be honest, I feared the worst as I went to Japan. I really shouldn't complain. :)

Forgot to show you this picture. It's this hookeri with an open flower. I took the picture the day I left for Japan - the flower just had opened for the first time. I'm glad I was able to see it. :)

PS: I got a playmate for the beige helmutii. If there's a chance I always try to buy two plants of the same species.

No comments:

Post a Comment