Sunday, May 1, 2016

Spring update on Conophytums - part 2 (14 pics)

This rainy, cold, dark Sunday morning (hence the dark photos) I thought it'd be nice to post an update on my Conophytums going to sleep. In fact, it is so cold and uncomfortable (we've had -2° last week!) I'd rather wrap myself in sheets and sleep all day, too. 

Last post was one month ago. Make sure to check it out for comparison. Almost all of the plants are prepared for summer heatwave now (even though any kind of warm weather feels like sci-fi at this point). By the way, I can't believe how long I've struggled against growing Conophytums, considering them too boring for any attention. Now I'm quite fascinated by them and would love to grow more. And try them from seed, too. The watering schedule might appear confusing at first but you do figure it out eventually, after a couple of years. If I have a chance this year I'd like to get more C. pellucidum (the white flowers are unusually mat instead of silky) as well as something fuzzy or a species with larger heads for diversity. 

Conophytum pellucidum v. pellucidum 'pardicolor' ex. de Boer


Conophytum pellucidum ssp. cupreatum v. terrestre


Conophytum uviforme ssp. uviforme


Conophytum uviforme ssp. decoratum


Conophytum minusculum


There's a two-headed plant to the right. Can you see it? ;)


Conophytum ricardianum


Conophytum meyeri 'Leopardium'


Conophytum khamiesbergense


Conophytum fulleri


Conophytum ectypum ssp sulcatum


Conophytum angelicae ssp. tetragonum


Conophytum bilobum 'christiansenium'

2 comments:

  1. At last a warm day today here. I was able to sit outside and repot. I am glad you are enjoying Conophytums. Odd that some flower through the dry sheaths this time of year. Please see http://succulentsundae.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/conophytum-chrisocruxum_21.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have some early birds in your collection :) Beautiful.

      Lucky you! I don't know what is happening but it still feels like winter around here.

      Delete