Remember my Delosperma seedlings (click to see their progress over the year)? Sown in April last year they have been growing in a small round 5x5x5 cm pot. This winter the rapid growing stopped and they've lost some of the old leaves. I understand it's winter and all but since I've no experience growing Delosperma I've decided to get them out of the pot and inspect the roots for bugs just in case. First I was baffled because I couldn't get them out but when I did the cause of troubles became apparent: The soil was mostly roots! Huge root system, tangled and all-consuming. I didn't expect that at all. The fairly compact plants above ground looked like they fit into a small pot perfectly. Well, now they will move to a bigger 7x7x11 cm square pot and will hopefully thrive again this year.