Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Update on the Aureas (4 pics)

It is the third sunny day in a row. Even though the wind outside is pretty cold the plants inside only notice the long awaited sun. Most of my bigger fulvi greenies have turned two-headed this year and are doing well so far. They were acting up last year with a flower in June and regeneration staring in July. I'm curious how they'll do this year.


The smaller ones are currently sharing their pot with two interesting greenies I've discovered in a local flower shop some time ago. They should be either julii or salicola greenies. I can't tell them apart so maybe you can. ;)


Also, here is that early leaf-changer I was talking about last year wondering how it'll work out. This is how: It regenerated fine into two heads and then one of the heads regenerated into something ugly. I'll keep you updated on this plant with a weird sense of time.

2 comments:

  1. I find it difficult to tell salicoa & julii apart too. That last one is very interesting, & it looks like its perpendicular to the other head - a bit of an acrobat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that comes from only regenerating with one head. Instead of changing direction with both heads at once it only "turned" with one. :) Should look more or less normal by next time...

      Delete