Monday, June 10, 2013

Titanopsis hugo-schlechteri

Titanopsis hugo-schlechteri is new on my windowsill. Yes, I'm going through Aloinopsis and Titanopsis, they are just too pretty on pictures online. Looking forward to watching this one grow. I think the leaves might have grown too long but these things correct themselves quickly. The leaf surface is very promising and the color should get more intense with some sun.


PS: Sown some Frithia and Aloinopsis two days ago. 3rd try with A. malherbei: the seeds just don't germinate, hm...

4 comments:

  1. Yep, the leaves look truly fascinating. I'm confident it's not really a plant. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the leaves were shorter it would probably hide really well in the stones :)
      I remember when I first saw a titanopsis I thought small stones were just superglued to its leaves haha

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful photograph. Rika you are magic with whatever camera you have. I've never had good luck with hugo-schlechteri and have none now. So, as I seem to be doing often, I'll just enjoy it through your collection. Did you know the Afrikaans name for this plant is Paddavoetjies. I though a language expert would appreciate that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my camera is far from perfect and often distorts colors but with some exercise I got a hang of it eventually. :)
      Cute name! Not sure if I pronounce it right though..
      *sigh* I would rather like to grow all these plants from seed (even though ordering and receiving an adult plant in the mail is a pleasure of its own), but at the moment proper sowing is a luxury. Really hope it'll change with time.

      Delete